Our Services Don't Stop Here
Diet & Nutrition Services
We offer highly customized nutrition programs that address your health needs and help you learn how better nutrition can impact you and your family. Our Registered Dietitians (RDs) develop these personalized programs, which often include services for 3 to 6 months.
Analysis and Investigations
1. Metabolic profile
The metabolic profile assesses your body’s most vital processes, major organ systems and essential nutrient levels to pinpoint imbalances that lead to disease. The results reveal root causes of any symptoms you may have and also serve as a great tool to gauge overall health.
The Profile interprets your health by looking at 2 predominant categories:
- a) Energy and Cardiovascular Health – B Vitamin Deficiency
- Energy production, cardiovascular health, as well as muscle and nerve function are just a few of the things dependent on having sufficient B-vitamins. Periods of stress and perspiration can easily deplete your B-Vitamin supply, making shortages very common. Even modest deficits can noticeably affect your energy levels. Discovering and fixing these issues can have a dramatic and immediate impact in your daily life as well as continued well-being down the road.
- b) Fat Burning Capacity – Cellular Energy
- How efficiently do your cellular engines (called mitochondria) produce energy? All body processes depend on this key activity. If you are having trouble losing weight and keeping it off, poor cellular health and energy is often the culprit. It can also lead to fatigue, muscle weakness , or even aging if left untreated.
* The results of our patients are variable. Each patient may lose more or less depending on age, sex, health status and its determination. We promise that we will do everything we can to help you lose weight healthy and happy.
Symptoms of food sensitivity can include headache, indigestion or heartburn, fatigue, depression, joint pain or arthritis, canker sores, chronic respiratory symptoms such as wheezing, sinus congestion or bronchitis and chronic bowel problems such as diarrhea or constipation.
What is food sensitivity?
The inability to tolerate foods and environmental factors, also known as sensitivity or intolerance, induces chronic activation of the immune system and gives rise to inflammatory processes, and the release of preformed and newly synthesized mediators of inflammation.
Reactions to foods are not always immediate. They can occur many hours later as bloating and swelling in the hands, feet, ankles, abdomen, chin and around the eyes. Much of the weight gained is fluid retention caused by inflammation and the release of certain hormones. In addition, there is fermentation of foods, particularly carbohydrates, in the intestines which can result in a swollen distended belly and gas production. Food allergies as well as food sensitivities can cause weight gain. Yes, it’s possible to have no other symptoms. You can’t count on seeing runny noses or sneezes with some food sensitivities. Instead, a person’s body perceives the food as a poison and limits digestion of nutrients, thus causing the body to store fat.
This inflammation has been linked to countless chronic conditions, including: digestive disorders, migraines, obesity, chronic fatigue, ADD, aching joints, skin disorders, arthritis and many more.